Thursday, March 11, 2010

Not Every Cookie Is A Home Run - Cinnamon Snaps


When you get used to knocking them out of the park, a series of average cookies / brownies / breads makes for sadness. Take this cookie for example. A perfectly acceptable cookie. It had great consistency, crispy on the outside, soft and chewy on the inside (I am sure it was from the Crisco that I used). But it didn't have a 'wow' factor, nothing special to set it apart. I wished it had a more cinnamon-y flavor, or maybe I should have used different spices like nutmeg or allspice to add to it, but it was technically supposed to be a Cinnamon Snap. The cinnamon flavor really should have stood on its own. Maybe I needed more cinnamon in the sugar that went on top. I really wanted good things from this cookie, but alas, just average.

No comments:

Post a Comment