Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Oh I Am So Behind In My Posts . . . - Toasted Coconut and Macadamia Nut Bread



Oh I'll tell ya, I have had the will to bake, just not the will to blog. I am the worst food photographer in the world, and when it comes to writing about food . . . I would just rather have some virtual way for everyone out there to experience the food first hand vs. trying to describe it. Enough of my complaining, on to the blog!

I have not been making breads recently, and I am not sure why. I might be a better quick bread maker than a cookie maker (hard to believe), but I find them to be more satisfying. I also like the fact that I can make them and then they go into the oven for enough time that I can get other things done around the house. This bread was hearty, with the right amount of crunch with the toasted macadamia nuts and toasted coconut. I am not a fan of the coconut milk I have been using, I wish I could get my hands on what I had in Africa, but that is highly unlikely. I did add some white chocolate chips to this one for fun, and I think it matched up nicely.

Heated up it is certainly better, and I liked it the next day more than the day I baked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment