Thursday, March 11, 2010

A Study In Brownies - Part 2 - Oreo Brownies


Now this was a great brownie. I was really happy with all aspects of this brownie. Dense and moist, great chocolate flavor, a little added kick with the instant coffee bits and the Oreo pieces. I felt like the Oreo pieces paired nicely with the instant coffee, and as a matter of fact, the one brought out the flavor in the other. I personally couldn't taste the coffee, I could tell there was something different, but wouldn't have placed it as coffee. The Oreo was also not super strong, you might not have known it was in there, maybe just that there was something chocolaty and crunchy on the inside. All around a good brownie that I would for sure make again.

1 comment:

  1. This one is for sure a keeper. I never would have guessed that there were Oreos and coffee bits in the brownies. All I knew what that it was delicious whatever is was.

    ReplyDelete