Tuesday, September 28, 2010

I Was Masterbaking All Day To Get Ready For The Party - Mango Cupcakes


Mango cupcakes . . . so the batter is orange. Mango colored, if you will, but mostly orange looking. Do you know how you get get mango into cupcakes? You buy mango pulp. Wanna know where you get mango pulp? In the Indian grocery store. I had a little adventure and went and found a grocery store in San Francisco where they actually sell 3 different kinds of mango pulp. I, of course, got the best, the best according to the shop owner. I mean how would I know what the best mango pulp is?

Anyway, a super simple, wonderful cupcake. Moist, not too sweet, and not an overwhelming mango flavor. I like mango, but a strong flavor would have killed me. It almost felt healthy (but only almost). It had a great whipped cream frosting, and then dipped in raw flaked coconut, and then topped with fresh mango and toasted coconut. Pretty amazing, popular with the crowd, especially the little girl at the party, which means it is good for kids too! For sure a keeper, I will make this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment