Friday, November 26, 2010

Masterbaking for Two Days - Butterscotch Pie (Thanksgiving 2010)


Ahhhh, Thanksgiving, time with friends and family, football, turkey, and of course, baking. For me, that meant baking 7 pies of the holiday. As it turns out, that would mean almost an entire pie for each of the guests we had at the table. I love pie, who doesn't LOVE pie? I like to experiment with new recipes, and this year was no exception - 5 of the 7 were new.

Butterscotch pie sounds weird, but it was very tasty. You either love or hate butterscotch in the first place, and this pie is packed with butterscotchy flavor. It was really creamy, and the crust was the tops. My friend Fitz didn't think it needed the meringue, I think it was ok, but might go with a whipped cream topping the next time I try this pie (yes, it will stay in the rotation).

No comments:

Post a Comment