Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I Was Master Baking All Weekend! - Snickerdoodle Blondies



I love Snickerdoodles, I dig on the cinnamon goodness with the sugar cookie in a major way, so when I came across this recipe, I thought it would be fun to try it in bar form. To me, it didn't quite taste like a purist snickerdoodle, but it was certainly yummy. It had more body and more complexity in the flavors. Probably due to the addition of the nutmeg and the cinnamon to the actual cookie dough, as well as the brown sugar. I wouldn't call it a snickerdoodle, I'll need to come up with a new name, but whatever you call it, it makes the mmmmmmm sound when you eat it. 4 out of 5 stars.

3 comments:

  1. I liked this one - no chocolate, so it can't ever be a top favorite. But, definitely an enjoyable bar - the cinnamon comes through loud and clear. Nummy!

    BTW - Melissa, you sound like one of those wine experts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the cinnamon and nutmeg...it tasted like a delicious dense spice cake. Especially liked the topping. Deb was kind enough to share :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Probably my second favoirte. Cinnamon and nutmeg were awesome. I think you could get away with making these a bit thiner. Ya know, like me. Thin.

    ReplyDelete