Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Thanks David . . . So Many Posts! - Peanut Butter Coconut Chipsters


I asked my friend David Knowles for feedback on my blog, and the first thing he says is, "I like it, but it could be better. Basically you need to make more of a "story" and write more about each piece. you need to think about how they can be "linkable" so that when you refer back to PB&J cookie or whatever in the future, it is its own set piece - a complete story." Check. So now, seperate entries (even though I feel like being lazy, and yes, I knew this before I started but figured since I was not posting recipes, it wasn't necessary), and a story.
This cookie turned out to be my least favorite, at least from a making it stand point. I had a long day on Monday, and didn't much feel in the mood to bake. I am an emotional baker, if I am happy, good cookies, if I am distracted / sad / upset, bad cookies. In addition, these cookies seemed to have something in the recipe off. Not enough coconut in it for me to be able to taste it over the chocolate and the peanut butter. And super dry. I had to add an extra half of a stick of butter and an egg to make the dough come together and spread. Lesson learned. Taste is ok, but nothing to knock your socks off. I would give it 3 stars on a 5 star scale (5 being the highest).

3 comments:

  1. Now, see, you're going to get some disagreement from the crowd on this one. First, for me, the combo of these 3 key ingredients can't be wrong! It creates a lovely flavor, mmm, yes it does. Second, this one was the first set of cookies to disappear. Each person who tried it really liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree with you here, couldn't taste much coconut. The peanut butter was delicious and I'd like to see what it is like with more coconut goodness

    ReplyDelete