Tuesday, January 19, 2010

More Shenanigans from the Weekend - Cinnamon Toffee Crunch Cookies



Boy oh boy did this recipe make a ton of cookies! It was easily 5 dozen, easily. Nice crunch to the texture, I decided to roll these bad boys in cinnamon sugar to give them some extra goodness on the outside. More sugar, that's what cookies need. So randomly, I was listening to NPR over the weekend to a show called The Splendid Table and they asked the question: How many pounds of sugar does the average American consume in a year (fruits, alcohol, etc. all included)? The answer killed me. 140 pounds. That is like making a sugar person of myself, and then eating it slowly over the course of a year. No wonder my team members at Walgreens called me the diabetes fairy! 4 out of 5 stars.

2 comments:

  1. These were a popular one - the toffee in the cookie creates a great combo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think these were my favorite, tasted great and not overwhleming sweet.

    ReplyDelete