Monday, February 1, 2010

Nothin' Says Happy Birthday Like Master Baking - White Chocolate Peanut Butter Oat Chipsters



I arrived in San Francisco just about a week ago, just in time to celebrate my friend Mike's Birthday. Now of course I felt badly as I didn't even get him a gift. And normally, my backup when there is no gift is to bake, but since I hadn't finished unpacking . . . I am such a bad friend. So, finally settled into my brand new apartment with my brand new kitchen, I set about baking up a storm.

First of all - can I just say how AWESOME the new kitchen is? Convection oven, loads of counter space, huge fridge . . . I was smiling all day. So this is the last cookie that I baked for Mike - the White Chocolate Peanut Butter Oat Chipster. It is a little cookie, but I liked the texture, and turned out to be a crowd fave at the apartment Sunday night. Not sure what I would do differently, it was pretty well balanced.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, the Chipster. Reminds me of Spud Webb, the diminutive point guard for the Atlanta Hawks, circa the 80s. Now Spud was probably the shortest man in the NBA, but you best not overlook him. That little man could dunk, for god's sake.

    And dunk is exactly what I did with this lil' Chipster. Delightfully complex sweetness, with a warm oatey afterglow. Recommended for pregnant women, triathletes, anyone coming off a cleanse, and all point guards shorter than 5'9".

    What a treat, Melissa! Who taught you to masterbake like that?

    Abrazos - MM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll quote from Steve, one of my co-workers on this one. "Melissa makes cookies that are like fine wine". They're complex and the tastes just keep coming.

    Don't know this guy above, but he couldn't have described this better. And, speaking as a pregnant woman, this is definitely a new favorite.

    ReplyDelete