Sunday, February 7, 2010

Alcohol Makes Master Baking Lots of Fun - Jagerdoodles



So I think my photographs are getting a tad bit better. I am just not as into the pretty photos as I am the food, but it is nice when the pics are half way decent. My friend Steve (aka Ham Jambo, aka Steve-o) my upstairs neighbor with ADP when I was living in Kenya loves my baking (specifically the Zucchini Bread). A couple of weeks ago I asked him for ingredients he would like to see in a cookie, and one of them was Jagermeister and anise. Now, I am not the biggest fan of either one of those flavors, but for good old Steve-o, why not?

After searching high and low for something that looked right, I found a site that gave me enough ideas to do this on my own. I took my favorite Snickerdoodle cookie, and substituted Jager for the vanilla, and anise for the cinnamon. I ended up having to add like 8 teaspoons of Jager in order for the flavor to come thru, but when it did, it was subtle enough to not overwhelm the senses. The Snickerdoodle didn't end up as flat as I would have liked, I assume it was due to the amount of additional wet ingredients, so I will have to work on that for next time. All in all, good for a first try at this one.

1 comment:

  1. This cookie makes me want to fist pump.

    But seriously, maybe I'm biased, but I think these were pretty good. Definitely a little different, but I liked the chewy/airiness copmpared to a typical anise cookie.

    ReplyDelete