Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Master Baking Gets Freaky - Chocolate Chocolate Chip Bacon Cookies


Good old Steve . . . always with the odd special request. Last week that brought us the Jagerdoodle (which I think when I open my bakery, we'll do a whole line of Morning After Hangover Cookies . . . Jagerdoodles, Red Bull, Whisky), and this week, the request was for bacon. I have experimented with bacon in my sweets . . . the bacon cheesecake was a huge hit, so I figured why not. The cookie by itself was nice, great consistency, just the right amount of chewyness, all sorts of goodness with the white and semi-sweet chocolate chips. And if I didn't advertise it as a bacon cookie, you wouldn't immediately know it was bacon. You'd know something was different . . . salty, chewy bits, but bacon? Yep, it's in there. Not sure . . . would you want it to taste more bacon-y? Use the bacon fat instead of the butter? Bigger chunks of bacon? Let me know.

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea! The cookie part ofthis was really good, nice and chocolatey without being too sweet. Couldn't really tell there was bacon until a bit got stuck in my teeth. I'd try really cooking the bacon beforehand so it is nice and crispy, then it will be a nice contrast to the chewy cookie.

    ReplyDelete