Sunday, February 7, 2010

I Think I Am Going to Be Sick From All This Master Baking - Carrot Cake


I made a carrot cake like . . . 8 months ago for a friend's birthday that was very similar to this recipe. The last recipe I did was a conglomeration of 3 different recipes that I had, picking the best from each of them. This one had almost everything in a single recipe, just a couple of minor tweaks and it was perfect.

I really liked this cake. I have no idea what I did differently between this cake and the Coconut Cake, but the layers on this one were perfectly flat straight out of the oven. I am going to have to figure out what the difference was. The frosting was perfect, not too sweet, but not a strong cream cheese flavor either. Moist, densy, and full of carrot-y goodness. And the nuts in it really gave it a texture contrast. Yum!


No comments:

Post a Comment