Sunday, February 7, 2010

I Should Spend More Time Sleeping vs. Master Baking - Chocolate Chunk Oatmeal Coconut Cookies


I surf the net quite a bit looking for those perfect cookie recipes. I certainly have had my fair share of duds, but this cookie, well, it was maybe one of the best cookies I have ever had. It has everything you would want in a cookie - chocolate chips (minis no less!), coconut (which I increased over the original recipe, I really like coconut), almonds, oats . . . it sort of tasted like an almond joy in cookie form. Crispy on the edges, soft in the center. And right out of the oven, it was like heaven in a little round cookie. I will certainly be making this a regular when I open up the bakery. It will sell like . . . well, like a really popular cookie (you thought I was going to say hotcakes, but I didn't).

3 comments:

  1. Melissa, excellent cookie. Near perfection. Love the texture. The chocolate, almonds, coconut, and oats make for an awesome combo. I'm not typically an oatmeal lover, but this didn't have that over the top oatmeally flavor. You definitely need to make it a regular (p.s. none of these will make it to Christina).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its the combination of everything good in a cookie ... coconut, chocolate, almonds and oatmeal??? What more could you ask for. Not too sweet either. Its going to be hard to top this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Winner winner chicken dinner. This one was awesome

    ReplyDelete