Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Finally, a Nutella Cookie I Can Stand Behind - Nutella Peanut Butter Pillows


So most of my Nutella cookie adventures have ended up in disaster. Ok, maybe not disaster, but I always ended up feeling like I made this whole investment in a cookie that was supposed to have a Nutella flavor, and it never did. Well, finally, finally I found a recipe where the Nutella flavor really stands out. Not overwhelming, not overpowering, but you know there is a glob of Nutella in that cookie.

Anyway, a fun cookie to make. And to eat! It is a peanut butter cookie on the outside (with Almond flavoring added for good measure), and then you flatten out the cookie, add in a glob of a Nutella mixture, and then roll it into a ball and coat it with peanuts, cinnamon, and sugar. I added in extra Nutella because the mixture was mixed with a bit of peanut butter, and you just couldn't taste it strongly enough. So I probably doubled the amount of Nutella (and extra powdered sugar to make it less sticky), and voila! Magical, wonderful, Nutella-y goodness. I really liked how the Nutella and the peanut butter went together. A excellent combo.

1 comment:

  1. I think there was just too much going on in this thing for my taste. I could see it being better fresh out of the oven, but I didn't love the tatse.

    ReplyDelete