Monday, February 1, 2010

I Can Make A Mean Loaf of Bread - Maple Sweet Potato Bread



I think I am a much better bread maker than anything else. That is not to say that my other goodies aren't fantastic, but I just tend to knock them out of the park when in bread form. Case in point - the Maple Sweet Potato Bread. It was like Thanksgiving in bread form. Of course my friend Mike was in a rush, so it didn't have time to perfectly set, but it was out of this world. I used a new kind of sugar - palm sugar. Not as sweet as cane sugar, but added a flavor to the bread that is hard to describe. And the ends and the sides with all of the crispy crust against the moist bread, heaven.

2 comments:

  1. this was to DIE for! I think I want this my birthday cake (and I'm not sharing either). MS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps its immature taste buds but I could not believe this was sweet potato. It looked and tasted like carrot cake with a rich sweetness ... delicious.

    ReplyDelete