Monday, February 1, 2010

I Think Master Baking Helps My Migraines - Oatmeal Toffee Cookies (with yummy Dried Cherries - yeah, I had to add it)



This is maybe the worst picture of a cookie I have taken yet, which is such a bummer since I think this one was my favorite. So the taste of this cookie was FANTASTIC. The mix of dried cherries, bittersweet chocolate, oats, and toffee was pure genius. The whole thing came together really nicely. The preparation I had to modify half way thru, and I think there are things I would do differently. It had me roll these bad boys into logs about 1in thick (no comments!), and then cut them. That totally didn't work. Next time, I will make them in 1 tablespoon portions, and I will for sure refrigerate the dough more before I bake it. They spread a whole lot more than I was anticipating. But taste cannot be beat!

1 comment:

  1. Hmm, yes, this was one yummy! A soft oatmeal, a mix of cherries and chocolate - a combination that is undeniably meant for greatness!

    ReplyDelete